Cloverleaf Training was founded by Nickie Smyth in 2019. Highly qualified health care professional with over 25 years’ experience in the Health Care Industry she has worked in the community, nursing homes and hospitals both here in the UK and in Ireland.
For the past 10 years, Nickie has worked here in the UK for the NHS as a Cardiac Physiologist. Over the years, she has worked in many different environments as a Trainer and a First Aider and First Responder.
A very dynamic, sporty, and enthusiastic individual she splits her time between being a mum, coach, kayaking, First Aid Instructor and First Responder.
She is a very keen white water paddler and has enjoyed many paddle’s all over the UK, Ireland and further afield with her family, Canoe Club, and friends. She is also a British Canoeing qualified coach and she really enjoys imparting knowledge on to others, especially beginners and children. Cloverleaf Training was founded because of her combined passion for care, coaching and teaching.
Nickie is extremely passionate about training and giving others the skills and confidence to save a life. As a first aider you are the first link to ensure that a casualty has the best possible outcome. You will leave any course with Cloverleaf Training with the knowledge and confidence to act if and when necessary. All courses run by Cloverleaf are very interactive, using as minimal PowerPoint as possible, making your accredited first aid course, (often a dry subject) or bespoke training interesting and enjoyable to learn; learning on any course with Cloverleaf Training will not be spectator sport!
Nickie's Qualifications include:
- BSc Clinical Physiology (Cardiology)
- Diploma in Professional Practice
- Qualified Member of The Society for Cardiological Science and Technology
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC3)
- First Aid at Work Instructor/Assessor
- Outdoor First Aid Instructor
- Defibrillation Instructor
- Oxygen Therapy Administration Instructor
- Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis Instructor
- Catastrophic Bleed Instructor
- Airway Management Instructor
- Supervising First Aid for Mental Health Instructor
- Safeguarding Instructor
- First Aid Assessors and Internal Quality Assurance Qualified
- British Canoeing Awarding Body Level 2 Coach Award (Canoe & Kayak)
- British Canoeing White Water Safety and Rescue
Cloverleaf Training mascot Clover